There’s Nothing Quite Like Soup on a Cold Day
There’s nothing quite like homemade soup. Well I suppose soup that you don’t have to make that is homemade? Anyways, this weather has been insane. One day it’s cold and the next it’s not. To this end it really isn’t a surprise that my kids have been taking turns with sickness. You gotta love that.
Chicken noodle soup and Zuppa Toscana have easily become my two favorite soups to make. Both are kid tested and approved! I think Addison asked me why I ruined the Zuppa Toscana by putting “green stuff in it” but continued to devour the entire bowl. I shared a picture of a bowl of this delicious soup and so many people asked for my recipe so I decided to share! Without further ado here’s our Easy Delicious Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana.
1 lb of Bacon
2 Medium-Large Onions
2lbs of Ground Italian Sausage
5-6 Russet Potatoes
5 Cups of Kale
12 Cups of Low Sodium Chicken Stock
Heavy Whipping Cream
- Cut and saute onions with 2 tbsp’s of olive oil in either in the Instant Pot (saute feature) or on the stovetop until translucent.
- Cook ground Italian Sausage until fully cooked.
- Strain grease from the sausage and combine sausage and onion in the Instant pot.
- Wash and cut Russet Potatoes in to 1/4 inch thick circular slices.
- Add potatoes and chicken stock to the sausage and onion mixture.
- Lock the IP and seal. Select manual high pressure 5 minutes.
- Once the 5 Minutes is up let the IP come down from pressure naturally for 10 minutes (NPR – natural pressure release). After release remaining pressure.
- Add 5 Cups of Kale – I used 4 heaping handfuls. Stir.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream to mixture. Stir.
- Serve soup with a slice of bacon on top! Season with salt and pepper to taste. Red pepper flakes are a favorite in our home.
This recipe will make a large batch. My family of 6 could definitely get away with half of this recipe. We enjoy leftovers my husband brings some to work as with him as well.
I hope you guys enjoy our Easy Delicious Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana!
Let me know what you think in the comments below!